“Personal Information” means information that alone or when in combination with other information may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, or phone number. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
LAUNCH ACADEMY COLLECTS YOUR INFORMATION
We collect Personal Information when you:
- create an account
- register or apply for a Course
- subscribe to our marketing information, either directly or by using your social networking credentials on Launch Academy or a third-party website
- register for our online programs post information to Launch Academy that includes Personal Information, and
- communicate with us
We also collect information, such as anonymous usage statistics, by using cookies, server logs, and other similar technology as you use Launch Academy.
Registration.To create an account, you may need to provide Personal Information, such as your name, email address, and address. If you register for a program, you will also need to provide your credit card number and billing address. You may also provide other optional information.
Using Launch Academy. We may collect the Personal Information you post as you use Launch Academy, such as when you sign up for a Course or newsletter, or post your comments on a blog post.
Social Log-In. When you use your social media credentials or github to register for a Course or to post a comment to Launch Academy, we collect Personal Information from the social media website. For example, when you log-in with your github credentials, we may collect the Personal Information you have made publicly available in github, such as your name and profile picture or logo. We may also collect your email address.
From Third Parties. We may use third parties to perform certain tasks for us, such as facilitating your purchase of a Course. Such third parties will provide us the Personal Information, such as your name, address, and email address, you provide to them so that we have your information for Course rosters.
Customer Support. We may collect Personal Information through your communications with our customer-support, marketing, and sales teams, such as when you sign up for a newsletter.
Making Payments. When you make payments to pay for a Course, you may need to provide Personal Information to our third-party service providers, such as your credit card number.
Cookies, Automatic Data Collection, and Related Technologies. Launch Academy collects and stores information that is generated automatically as you use it, including your preferences and anonymous usage statistics. For example, we will also use your IP address to determine your physical location when you log in so we can personalize the Service for you. You may change your location information in your account settings.
When you visit Launch Academy, we and our third-party service providers receive and record information on our server logs, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology. Cookies are small text files placed in visitorsâ€™ computer to store their preferences. You can use your browser to block and delete cookies from your browser. However, if you do that, Launch Academy may not work properly.
By using Launch Academy, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of Launch Academy.
MESSAGING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
All SMS message programs are a service of Launch Academy. By providing your cell phone number, you agree to receive recurring automated promotional and personalized marketing text messages (e.g., SMS/MMS cart reminders, sale notices, etc) from Launch Academy. These messages include text messages that may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system, to the mobile telephone number you provided when signing up or any other number that you designate. You give Launch Academy permission to send text messages to the enrolled cell phone number through your wireless phone carrier, unless and until you end permission per these Terms & Conditions. Consent to receive automated marketing text messages is not a condition of any purchase. Message & data rates may apply.
Message frequency may vary. Launch Academy reserves the right to alter the frequency of messages sent at any time, so as to increase or decrease the total number of sent messages. Launch Academy also reserves the right to change the short code or phone number from which messages are sent and we will notify you if we do so.
Not all mobile devices or handsets may be supported and our messages may not be deliverable in all areas. Launch Academy, its service providers and the mobile carriers supported by the program are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages.
To cancel a specific messaging program, text the keyword STOP, STOPALL, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to the telephone number, long code, or short code that sends you our initial confirmation message to cancel. After texting STOP, STOPALL, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT to the telephone number, long code, or short code that sends you our initial confirmation message you will receive one additional message confirming that your request has been processed. If you change your preferences, it may take up to 48 hours for it to take effect. You acknowledge that our text message platform may not recognize and respond to unsubscribe requests that do not include the STOP, STOPALL, END, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE or QUIT keyword commands and agree that Launch Academy and its service providers will have no liability for failing to honor such requests. If you unsubscribe from one of our text message programs, you may continue to receive text messages from Launch Academy through any other programs you have joined until you separately unsubscribe from those programs.
For help or support with a messaging program, text the keyword HELP to the telephone number, long code, or short code that sends you our initial confirmation message to receive a text with information on how to unsubscribe.
Messaging – No Warranty: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT THE MESSAGING PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED.
Messaging – Limitation of Liability: TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT ALLOWED BY APPLICABLE LAW, YOU AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL EITHER OF Launch Academy OR ANY PARTY ACTING ON BEHALF OF Launch Academy BE LIABLE FOR: (A) ANY CLAIMS, PROCEEDINGS, LIABILITIES, OBLIGATIONS, DAMAGES, LOSSES OR COSTS IN AN AGGREGATE AMOUNT EXCEEDING THE GREATER OF THE AMOUNT YOU PAID TO Launch Academy HEREUNDER OR $100.00; OR (B) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES. YOU AGREE EVEN IF Launch Academy HAS BEEN TOLD OF POSSIBLE DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING OR RESULTING FROM OR IN ANY WAY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THE Launch Academy MESSAGING PROGRAM. Launch Academy AND ITS REPRESENTATIVES ARE NOT LIABLE FOR THE ACTS OR OMISSIONS OF THIRD PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DELAYS OR NON-DELIVERY IN THE TRANSMISSION OF MESSAGES.
Messaging – Indemnity: To the maximum extent allowed by applicable law, you agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless Launch Academy, its directors, officers, employees, servants, agents, representatives, independent contractors and affiliates from and against any and all claims, damages, liabilities, actions, causes of action, costs, expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, judgments or penalties of any kind or nature arising from or in relation to the these Messaging Terms or your receipt of text messages from Launch Academy or its service providers.
Messaging dispute resolution:
- General. Any dispute or claim arising out of or in any way related to these Messaging Terms or your receipt of text messages from Launch Academy or its service providers whether based in contract, tort, statute, fraud, misrepresentation, or any other legal theory, and regardless of when a dispute or claim arises will be resolved by binding arbitration. YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT, BY AGREEING TO THESE MESSAGING TERMS, YOU AND Launch Academy ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION AND THAT THESE MESSAGING TERMS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO AND GOVERNED BY ARBITRATION.
- Exceptions. Notwithstanding subsection (a) above, nothing in these Messaging Terms will be deemed to waive, preclude, or otherwise limit the right of you or Launch Academy to: (i) bring an individual action in small claims court; (ii) pursue an enforcement action through the applicable federal, state, or local agency if that action is available; (iii) seek injunctive relief in aid of arbitration from a court of competent jurisdiction; or (iv) file suit in a court of law to address an intellectual property infringement claim
- Arbitrator. Any arbitration between you and Launch Academy will be governed by the JAMS, under the Optional Expedited Arbitration Procedures then in effect for JAMS, except as provided herein. JAMS may be contacted at www.jamsadr.com. The arbitrator has exclusive authority to resolve any dispute relating to the interpretation, applicability, or enforceability of this binding arbitration agreement
- No Class Actions. YOU AND Launch Academy AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Launch Academy agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. You agree that, by agreeing to these Messaging Terms, you and Launch Academy are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action, collective action, private attorney general action, or other representative proceeding of any kind.
- No Class Actions. YOU AND Launch Academy AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN AN INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, unless both you and Launch Academy agree otherwise in a signed writing, the arbitrator may not consolidate more than one person’s claims, and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding
- Modifications to this Arbitration Provision. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in these Messaging Terms, if Launch Academy makes any future change to this arbitration provision, you may reject the change by sending us written notice within 30 days of the change to Launch Academy’s contact information provided in the “Contact Us” section below, in which case this arbitration provision, as in effect immediately prior to the changes you rejected, will continue to govern any disputes between you and Launch Academy
- Enforceability. If any provision of these Messaging Terms is found to be unenforceable, the applicable provision shall be deemed stricken and the remainder of these Messaging Terms shall remain in full force and effect.
We reserve the right to change these Messaging Terms or cancel the messaging program at any time. By using and accepting messages from Launch Academy after we make changes to the Messaging Terms, you are accepting the Messaging Terms with those changes. Please check these Messaging Terms regularly.
These Messaging Terms, together with any amendments and any additional agreements you may enter into with us in connection herewith, will constitute the entire agreement between you and Launch Academy concerning the Messaging Program.
HOW LAUNCH ACADEMY USES YOUR INFORMATION
We use Personal Information to provide and improve our services; and communicate with you. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes.
We may use aggregate information for any purpose, including for marketing purposes.
Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use your information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate Launch Academy. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve our services.
Communications. We may send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
Marketing. We do not rent, sell, or share Personal Information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies for their direct marketing purposes. We may use your Personal Information to facilitate transmittal of information that may be useful, relevant, valuable or otherwise of interest to you.
Aggregate Data. We may anonymize and aggregate data collected through Launch Academy and use it for any purpose.
LAUNCH ACADEMY MAY DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your information:
- with our third-party service providers, including Instructors
- on Launch Academy
- with social networking websites, at your direction
- to comply with legal obligations
- to protect and defend our rights and property
- and with your permission
We Use Vendors and Service Providers. We may share any information we receive with vendors and service providers, including Instructors, retained in connection with the provision of Launch Academy. These service providers have their own privacy policies.
Displaying to Other Users. Some content you post to Launch Academy may be displayed on Launch Academy. Other users of Launch Academy may be able to see some information about you, such as information contained in comments posted in a chat room or on a blog post.
Social Networking and Other Websites. Launch Academy may allow you to post information to social networking websites. We do not share your information with them unless you direct Launch Academy to share it. Their use of the information will be governed by their privacy policies, and we do not control their use of the shared data.
As Required By Law and Similar Disclosures. We may access, preserve, and disclose your Personal Information, other account information, and content if we believe doing so is required or appropriate to: comply with law enforcement requests and legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; respond to your requests; or protect yours, ours or othersâ€™ rights, property, or safety.
We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
SECURITY OF YOUR INFORMATION
By using Launch Academy or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of Launch Academy. If we learn of a security systemâ€™s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on Launch Academy or sending an email to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at [email protected]
We do not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and we do not want it. We will take steps to delete it if we learn we have collected it.
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of Launch Academy is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at [email protected] If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the childâ€™s account.
By using Launch Academy, you will transfer data to the United States.
If you are visiting from the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use, please note that you are agreeing to the transfer of your information to the United States and processing globally. By providing your information you consent to any transfer and processing in accordance with this Policy.
UPDATE YOUR INFORMATION OR POSE A QUESTION OR SUGGESTION
Launch Academy Holdings, Inc.
77 Summer St
Boston, MA 02111